Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Camping Camping CAMPING!!!

So I lied to the primary children. Shocking I know, but it's true. I just got called to be 2nd Counselor in our Primary Pres. First time in Primary for me, so it's kinda new. Anyway, the president called me and the other new counselor up to spot light us, like they do the children. What does this have to do with camping? Well one of the questions was what do you like to do, the other lady said anything with her family and in my desperate attempt to try to be more original, I said CAMPING!! Everybody knows I don't really like it. I'm always the one who is ready to leave first. And even though I enjoy smores for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dinner, it's not my first choice. The kids are nasty, it can be windy and dirty, cold and a bit uncomfortable in general. So there is my confession. Now here are the pictures from a recent camping trip to Black Canyon with the Jarman's (Like my mom is going to go!!)

The Jarman's camp the best way. Esp. when Uncle Dan comes. With comfort but still enjoying nature. The boys get this enormous tarp, I think this is William's actually and they strap it to the trees. Some camp sites are easier than others to put this up. But it provides shade, protection from rain and makes camping VERY nice.


Some help more than others... This is Robert.

And others make up for those who are lacking.



But isn't it SWEET!! I love those boys who work so hard to make it nice for the rest of us who "love" to camp.

Opal, Teila, Annie in Uncle Dan's ranger. The kids all love this thing. Including the teenagers.

Opal, Annie and Grandma Jarman

5 comments:

maccam said...

I could lie too and say I love camping...but then again...have you ever seen me out there? :) CUTE pics of the girls! Love, Cam

maccam said...

p.s. how in the world did they get up on each other's shoulders? SCARY! Crazy kids.

Katie said...

You are so funny :) I share similar feelings about camping!

beth said...

.. I am going to have to omit that picture of robert in his collection on facebook. I mean do you really think that girls will be interested in a lazy good for nothing?

srf said...

Ah, so typical. Johnny and Joey doing all of Robert's work for him. I don't see how a tarp makes camping more comfortable but whatever. Why couldn't you think of things you actually like to do? You like to travel, bake, read good books, meet new people, take pictures, learn new things (gardening), and you like to be waited on hand and foot whenever you have the opportunity. And those were just the first things to immediately come to mind. Come on Tecia!