Monday, June 8, 2009

SHOPPING!

Some of you may or may not know that I enjoy shopping. Mostly when you can get really GREAT deals. So I went by the Tempe Marketplace Old Navy and they were having their 50% off all of their clearance. Of course I drive out to the O.N. on Frank Lloyd Wright because it has a better selection. And I was sure right this time. After 3 hours of shopping that felt like 1, I left with this...


7 bags! One bag is actually already gone!!! I dropped it off at my friends house on the home. Some of you may be shocked and unable to speak. But when you can get shirts for $1, and Slim jeans for Johnny for $4, you take advantage. And since I have people that I love, who like me, like great deals and need to save money, I shopped for them. The big one on the right is mine. Mostly Annie's winter clothes and baby gifts. Another one is pants for John. Then Mary had a bag, and a bag for Hannah, a bag for Steven, a bag for Tegan, and like I said I dropped off Laura's bag. Mary wanted to take a picture. This from a girl who didn't like shopping. That's right, "didn't". On the way home, she said that she understood why I liked shopping if I could find deals like that. AND I DO!! It is pretty exciting.

I had a cart and by the end of my trip little children were pointing and saying " mommy, look at all that stuff!" Really, several kids stopped and looked. The checkout lady was so nice. I had everything organized into family's so it would be easy and she rang it up and put it in all in different bags. They were really nice. I did have to tell some people behind us too that we were seriously going to be awhile.

AHHHH, that was a great shopping trip... How much did I spend? Well, after my additional 20% off for opening a card, I spent $300. But the people I bought for pay me back. So I didnt' spend that much myself. Although Annie does have like 12 long sleeved shirts. And then when I got home I was organzing trying to "regroup" as my mom says and see what else I needed to get for the school year, and I had forgotten about several other pairs of pants I had bought for John these past few months. And I kept finding more and more until I counted 16 pairs of pants for him to start the school year!! I had only bought a few on this trip, and at the prices I spent, it was hardly worth taking back. So we found new homes for them. And they are happy homes.

I know, I'm ridiculous. But I love it. And since Mary wanted to take a picture, I thought I should share. It's not as embarrassing as the graduation card for my nephew...

6 comments:

Angela* said...

good for you! I love getting good deals too. Especially at Old Navy! You shouldn't feel embarrased at all!

Katie said...

AWESOME!! Call me next time, I need lessons!

beth said...

ha ha ha! I am so glad you got photographic evidence of one of your most amazing talents!

Karen said...

I am impressed and a little proud.
I love and miss my little sister.

Corynn said...

That... is... AWESOME! You are seriously my new idol.
Jake is currently wearing 6month stuff, but we have a lot of that. Anything above 12 months... And I am always good for anything less than 50$... ;)

Unknown said...

That is an awesome deal, way to go!