Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tye Dye

So every summer ideally I find a recent high school graduate to work as a respite worker for Teila. It's basically babysitting, but much more productive and Teila LOVES it~ It doesn't happen every summer but this summer we got Eddie's cousin Heidi to sign up. She has been so WONDERFUL. They have gone bowling, swimming tons and Teila gets to know her family a little better. Recently, we decided to try Tye Dyeing since Teila got a kit for her birthday. Not wanting just Teila to have the fun, I asked if we could all join, (esp. since the shirts were on sale 5 for $10.)







It got a little messier than anticipated and my hands stayed like this for a week

We learned a lot, like everybody wear gloves from the get go. It was a lot of fun and the shirts turned out alright. The kids love them and in the right frame of mind it's a fun project for the family~

5 comments:

srf said...

Looks fun but that picture of your hands is embarrassing.

beth said...

love love love it!

Katie said...

What a fun project! I bet the kids loved it!!

Alicia & Robert said...

Tye Dyeing is the perfect summer activity! Love the pictures!

maccam said...

so fun. I will miss Hiedi bringing Telia over for swimming. Telia told me I was her favorite you know. ...repeatedly...