Monday, October 18, 2010

West Virginia to visit TEGAN!!!

Tegan recently had her 6th baby!!! Little Sydnie Maxine Sherwood. She now lives in West Virginia where Nathan is doing his residency. My mom of course went out to see the baby and flew me out with her. This of course is just a glimpse of how pretty it was. The primary song about it being autumn sprang to mind (either that song or I just made one up that says "it's autumn time, it's autumn, there's ..... all around." to the same tune as another primary song,..anyway)
Needless to say it was beautiful to see trees leaves actually changing colors...



and fog in the morning waiting for the bus stop that was almost tangible.

It was simply beautiful!!

So let me first tell you about little Sydnie's arrival. Tegan is always induced, except for Brennan, but those were special circumstances that we feel certain God had a hand in. Anyway, she was going to be induced late Sunday night. Friday night she started feeling contractions. Nothing new for her, she has Braxton-Hicks for like a month. She was starting to get kinda uncomfortable after about 2 hours and decided to go down stairs to time them, only 10 min. apart. It wasn't long after she got comfy on the couch that her water broke. She paged Nathan to come down because it was 5 in the morning, he quickly assessed the situation, called the lady from the ward, then the paramedics. To no avail, they didnt' make it. By time Nathan really got the situation under control Sydnie was crowning and Tegan, still in denial about not having meds, was ready to push. 1 1/2 pushes later she said, Sydnie was here!! All I can say is it's a good thing Nathan's got skills!! She was 8 lbs and both mom and baby were doing wonderfully by time the paramedics got there. For immense pain that I myself have never felt, it's good it didn't last long. She's like a pioneer woman!! She did great!!

Back to the trip- you would think that I would have managed a picture with all the kids, but we were busy and it never seemed like a good time and then there was no time. Ridiculous I know! Never the less I got some cute pics. These are some favorites.
Brennan holding Sydnie.
At the bus stop: Brennan, Kate, Kenzie, Creighton, Me

The only one missing besides the baby, is Samuel/Sammy. He's almost 4.


Another one at the bus stop: Me holding Creighton, Kate, Kenz

Creighton wanted some marshmallows and took matters into his own hands when he was denied such a treat before dinner.
















Kenzie playing soccer. At one point during a drill a boy was just standing there so she kicked her soccer ball right into his shins and then I heard a slight giggle as she dribbled her ball away.






Kate is a sweetheart!


























If you consider flying to WV to work to help your sister organize her house, cook so she can have easy meals, shopping for new organizers and this and that, clean up the basement where you throw everything you don't know what to do with, (mine is an office) then we had a good time.

If you consider visiting a sister that you love so much it's bringing tears to your eyes right now just typing this and having to leave, not being sure when you'll get to see her again that it makes you cry 30 min. before you leave, and you enjoyed spending every second you can with her!... then I had a perfectly wonderful time on my trip to West Virginia!!

I love you Tegs and your little kiddos that feel like my kiddos!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love this post! What a birth story! Wow!!
She has an adorable family. I am sure it brings tears to her eyes to think of you guys coming and helping as you did. What a blessing!

Unknown said...

I"m so glad you guys were able to have such a wonderful time together. PLease tell her congrats for me. Love you both!

Karen said...

Tecia, I thought you were going to add that the kids loved Aunt Karen the best ;)
I love the pictures of the kids, I also miss them so much it brings tears to my eyes. Love you, see you soon!