Thursday, September 23, 2010

Typical Makenzie


This is my wonderful niece Makenzie or Kenz as she sometimes calls herself. Many of you may not know this about Tegan because she hides it well but she is a spitfire, esp. when provoked. Let's just say Kenzie is like Tegan in that way. Here are some stories she just emailed me:

Year:2009
One evening we were driving home from a scouting event at the church in Omaha, Nebraska. The whole family was there including Nathan. It was dark outside. Kenzie asked her dad to turn the light on in the car. Nathan said, "Why do you need the light on?". Makenzie said, "So that I can see what I am doing." Nathan then responded, "Well, what are you doing?" Makenzie then made a very logical statement. She said, "I don't know, I can't see!"


Year:2010-3rd week of Kindergarten
The other day I was talking to Makenzie about school and she was telling me things that were going on. She then told me that she got a yellow light that day. This pique my interest and so I asked her why she got the yellow light. She told me that she had pushed a girl in her class while they were in line. I asked her why she pushed the girl and she said, "because she wasn't moving fast enough!"

What I want to know, is why I was not told these stories immediately after they happened?!?!
I can't wait to go visit her in 2 weeks!!

4 comments:

Angela* said...

She's such a cutie! I wish they lived closer. Have fun on your trip!

Tay said...

Hahaha! She has amazing logic.

Alicia & Robert said...

Those stories are so cute!

Katie said...

She is adorable! Too funny :)