Thursday, August 11, 2011

First day of school


Well Katie I tried to do your cute little thing with the fingers and the grade, but you can see how well that turned out. Not nearly as cute as when your kids do it.

Next year I guess I need to be more peppy before I take their pic, look at their faces!

Well, Joe 1st grade, Teila 5th grade, John 3rd grade. The boys didn't really want me to drop them off, Joey just wants to experience all he can and do whatever his Big Brother (that's what he calls him) has done before.

Because both their schools I just had to drop off Teila early, all by herself. I know it's sad, but she wasn't sad, she was fine.

John, after they played for a bit on the playground I had to shake John to tell him bye, he wouldn't really acknowledge me... I wasn't even wearing my apron (Mothers Day: the silliest thing he's ever see me do)

Shyla asked me if they looked cute and I thought and then said "not particularly{". They just looked normal. Teila picked her favorite outfit and the boys grabbed the first shirt and pants they saw. I think they always look cute.

They had a great first day! And while I was ready for them to get back to school, life gets so busy as they get older that I really enjoyed this summer. I love enjoying my kids while they are at home and like so many people say "it goes by quickly, enjoy it while they are little" I try to do that despite the bickering, teasing, high pitched screams and messy house.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You make me laugh :)
I think your kids look ADORABLE!! Glad you liked the idea. I hope they have a great school year!!

beth said...

this is ridiculous! STOP GETTING OLDER! Who gave those kiddos permission to grow up???? Heads are going to roll!

maccam said...

so I'm going to miss Telia coming over to swim. we might just have to pick her up some afternoon- that is if I get some a/c working in my car. blast that car!