Monday, March 7, 2011

old precious friends


Sometimes they way you feel about people is hard to articulate. That's how I feel about the Cluff's. We lived next to them for 2-3years in the apartments. We babysat Colten, the handsome groom, and Lexie, whom I will have a funny story about. We were together ALL the time. They were all of our best friends. They have moved to Queen Creek, but I have thoroughly enjoyed every chance encounter and the planned ones, which have been few and far between these past zillion years. When I try to express how I feel about them, words just don't cut it. They were the ones to come to the temple to tell us to get home cause Dad had died during my sister in laws endowment session. To say I love them is an understatement.

So I saw another old friend at the reception and I was telling her how I knew Colten and Lexie and babysat them and that Jenn and Dave were good friends. So when Lexie walked by, I said, "Hi Lexie." (blank look) "I'm Tecia Freestone", (it was starting to come) "I babysat you like non stop as a child". "Oh ya, I remember you." I felt so stupid in front of my friends. I guess she was 2 when she moved away, but those 2 years should have made some kind of lasting impression, right? Anyway, Colten totally remembered me and said he even had fond memories of our family, he was probably 5 when they moved. So that's something.

No comments: