Friday, March 19, 2010

Not for everyone...


This post is mostly for my neice Angela. If you circumcise your little boy, be prepared with this. Vaseline in a TUBE not a jar and some gauze. We usually buy a roll and cut it ourselves it's cheaper. The nurse used A& D on the boys, but she said only because she got it for free. So we have used this Vaseline with both boys and it's been fine and saved us money. Do the circumcision in the hospital, with the boys my old doc made us wait a month and I HATED it. This one will be in the hospital and I am so glad. (They told me it'll probably cost $160ish). You will have to put this stuff on every diaper change for about a month. It's been a while since I've bought Vaseline like this, and they don't have it at every store. The jar stuff is so hard to get on and around the area, the extra money for the tube is well worth it. In fact, if I can't find the Vaseline in a tube, I will buy the A&D. I know this is a little ways off for you, but it is getting closer for me. And with things like this, I like to be prepared and buy a little each time I go to the store, when I see it, or just stock up all at one time. Anyway, someone else might have some other recent advice, I just am sharing what I've done so I don't forget. It's been a while since your mom has had to do it, and I hate having to go to the store on the way home to get these things after the surgery. Esp. since I feel so strongly about the tube.
Love you honey, keep taking care of yourself!

6 comments:

maccam said...

Good advice. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to apply this little trick...but then again, Engler & Moffat's only seem to be able to have girls. (Girl Power?)

Tay said...

Good advice. I second the tube suggestion. We had Sean's done at the hospital; I liked that because for him and us it got all of the hard stuff out of the way right at the first. You might as well learn everything at once. Right? I also felt bad because the poor kid had just been through a traumatic experience. You know, birth. But you know, he's fine, I'm fine, Brian's fine, and I'm willing to do it that way again. If I have another boy.

Katie said...

Great advice! I did this as well. The tube is the way to go.

Angela* said...

Thanks Tecia! I will use this advise for sure-- I need all the advise on boys that I can get! I also think it will be best to get it done at the hospital, just get it over with right. Love you, and take care of yourself too!

beth said...

whoa... just a little disturbing...

Tecia said...

think of how he feels!