Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break at Roosevelt Lake

During Spring Break Eddie and half of his siblings went on a camp out to Roosevelt Lake. Annie and I missed this trip due to a very high fever Annie had. But we did get to spend a lot of time with Mom. There were some mishaps on the trip. Like not many trees for shade, Mom J's car broke down, I forgot to pack the meat for the tin foil dinners... However, Eddie says he can't really have a bad time camping. And it sure looks like they had a fun enough time!!

Auntie Hannah and Joseph

Johnny

Joey looking very cute with lots of dirt.

If you notice little Joey in the back round I would like to say, that this is in no way a reflection of my parenting. I was not there and therefore did not have control of these special little circumstances that pop up. And thanks to Auntie Lydia it was caught on photo. But like I said, I take no responsibility. Like Eddie says, he does have 2 Grandpa's that were plumbers. Somethings you just can't fight.

I don't think Joey's stick is totally on fire... Besides, Eddie looks very busy.

9 comments:

srf said...

I think your readers deserve more of an explanation. How the hell could you forget to put meat in the tin foil dinners? What did you do--just wrap up a few potato slices in tin foil and call it good?

Angela* said...

Everything looked like a blast-- to bad you and Annie had to miss out. Tell Telia that Trinity thinks she looks really pretty in her yellow dress!
ps. I think it's fine you forgot the meat-- at least it wasn't the whole dinner! Shyla must have forgotten that you have 4 children.

Tay said...

I would have "forgotten" the meat in an effort to get my family to eat semi-healthy while camping. 'Oops guys, sorry you didn't get to eat anything else fattening and bad for you...' :) Plus it's fun to make them wonder if you're trying to make the family go vegetarian.

beth said...

wow... once again... what a great resume eddie has put together, he is SURE to get hired as a babysitter now!

Karen said...

I like Joeys little plumber!
Johnny looked pro with the kayak, could be a great hobby.
Telia will have to show me all the pretty rocks., , that she found with her daddy.
Did Eddie just put hot dogs or marshmallows in the foil dinners? I am sure he didn't miss a beat.
Looks like loads of fun!

Tecia said...

Sorry to disappoint you Tay, but there is no way I'm going Veggie. Are you vegetarian? They had a nice dinner of potatoes and onions. I packed plenty of other snacks so they didn't starve. Eddie suggested I put the meat in the freezer so it would last longer and I just forgot about it.

Karen- actually he did put a hot dog in his to give it a little flavor.

They did have a great time. If any one wants to go camping with us sometime just let us know. We plan on going a few more times this summer. We would love it!! Shyla?

srf said...

I think the chances are higher that I'll go vegetarian than that I'll go camping with you. Not to be the voice of criticism or anything, but I do have one more tiny, little complaint. Why does Johnny have a life jacket when he is kayaking and Joey doesn't? I know I'm not a mom or anything, but in my opinion that is taking favoritism a bit too far.

Tay said...

I'm not going vegetarian. I love red meat too much. I just like to make Brian think that I'm thinking about it. It drives him a little crazy.

Tecia said...

Alright Tay. That is actually kind of a relief. If you want too we can tease Brian about it next get together. I'll play along. Hopefully Eddie won't ruin the fun. I love you honey!!