Friday, May 22, 2009

Jensen's Graduation

Alright, so I had a nephew graduate from Mountain View last night. This was his graduation announcement-

ME!!

Now this one below was my first picture John took. I admit it took me a few pictures and practice poses in the mirror to get it close to how Jensen did it. I guess some people have it naturally and some of us have to work to make 'the look' jsut right, but I improved.



I felt inspired by his announcement and decided to make my own card for him using these very same pictures on the front of the card. I couldn't upload the actual card because when I scanned it in to have Shyla look at it, I did it under a word document and it wouldn't upload for some reason even though I tried twice. But you get the general idea. Like I said, I did confer with Shyla first to see if I should be totally embarrassed or only a little embarrassed. After she told me she laughed out loud she said I should only be a little embarrassed and that I should definitely use these pictures. Eddie also liked the pictures, his brother David was confused and couldn't even comment. Then we showed him Jensen's announcement. I think he thought I should be Totally embarrassed. Eddie did say I should delete them from our computer. I guess he only liked them for the card. He said it was all about context and in ten years if our kids look at this without Jensen's announcement.... well, that is really all he said. It is what it is. Shyla told me to post this especially for Tay since she was not able to come. (Eddie still advises me not to post these because then they are around forever).

This card made Jensen laugh out loud which I was proud of. And my brothers and sisters who were at his before party also seemed to like it. With laughs out loud and slight rolls of their eyes.

On the inside of the card was this old picture of Jensen, me and my nephew Steven, hiding in the back. They would often come in on a Sat. morning and get in bed with me and wake me up. They are probably a couple years older than the ages of my boys right now. I have this picture framed in my room and I LOVE IT!! I have so many memories with these boys. I was a good aunt then and I love my nephews. I of course wrote some tender and inspiring things in his card, which everybody read, but I guess if I'm going to show some embarrassing pictures of me on my blog then I would like to say that I LOVE YOU JENSEN!! Congratulations!! I hope you always know how much I love you!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is a great card! Love the pictures, and I am sure he loved it too!!

Tay said...

I'm so glad that you posted this JUST FOR ME. :)

I love those pictures, especially the last one. I remember jumping on you guys early Saturday mornings. Shyla was especially fun because it took more than one attempt.

beth said...

DON'T delete the photos! David is... well David. and Eddie is wrong! you keep those things! ha ha ha and I love the picture of your nephews young and in bed with you. So seriously amazing! ps. those boys kinda look like your boys... hmmmm

Angela* said...

Haha, I love those pics! I'm glad that they'll be around forever now. You've always been an awesome auntie!